My favorite part of this recipe? You can use even really old, hard brown sugar--the kind where you can't break down the lumps--and that makes it even better! The rocks of brown sugar melt into sweet gooey pockets of goodness!
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 T softened butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla (omit if using vanilla pudding)
- 1 1/2 c baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
- 2 T firm butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8x8 glass or metal baking pan.
2. For the cake, in a mixer or medium mixing bowl, beat the brown sugar with the butter until combined. Beat in egg, yogurt and vanilla. Add Bisquick and stir until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
3. For the topping, combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Using two forks, a pastry blender or your fingers, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs or wet sand. Sprinkle over cake batter in pan.
4. Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.