|Coffee Cake by Mr. T in DC, on Flickr|
via CC license
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 T softened butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
- 2 T firm butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8x8 glass or metal baking pan.
2. For the cake, in a mixer or medium mixing bowl, beat the sugar with the butter until combined. Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla. Add Bisquick and stir until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
3. For the topping, combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Using two forks, a pastry blender or your fingers, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs or wet sand. Sprinkle over cake batter in pan.
4. Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Next time, I'll share a variation on this recipe I made for Father's Day!
What's your favorite breakfast tradition?