Theme: The Parable of the Lost Sheep
Prep: Print out a picture like the one above, color (optional), and cut into a puzzle shape. Make some treasure hunt clues* for around the house. Hide the clues plus one of the pieces from the puzzle. I cut a special heart shape to be the missing piece.
- Play this video.
- Give all but the one piece of the puzzle for the child(ren) to complete. When they discover there is one piece missing give them the first clue.
- Follow the clues and find the last piece.
- Talk about how exciting it is to find the piece just like when the shepherd found the lost lamb or when we are bad but then change and become better and follow Jesus Christ.
- Look where we keep food (picture of food)
- Look where you go potty (picture of toilet)
- Look where you go to sleep (bed)
- Look where you play with toys (picture of toys)
- Look in Daddy's pocket (picture of Daddy)
Stay tuned for more ideas! Enjoy!