I'm Jordan, the oldest of the daughters. A little about me:
Jordan McMamaBlogga has three kids, plays three instruments and knows three languages, and hopes to add more to all of those counts—eventually. Aside from her children, her favorite creative efforts are in the areas of writing, cooking, knitting, and graphic design. She can't resist a good yarn where true love and justice triumph over all—or a good yarn with sheen, drape and a high natural fiber content. Her Ravelry username is
MamaBloggaJordanMcCollum, and she also blogs about the craft of writing and the art of fulfillment in motherhood on her personal blogs.
To celebrate our launch, we're giving away some of our very own fine handicrafts!
This giveaway has ended. The winner is announced here.
Knit (by me!) from 100% wool (from Roberts) with Meg Myers's Felted Flower Bowl pattern.
Knit in the round on a 10.5 circular needle, even with the Magic Loop method, this was a little bit fiddly. Naturally, once I finished knitting, it didn't exactly look perfect:
Eventually, I got around to felting it. I teased Brooke that felting was so difficult, but the truth is that felting 100% wool is super easy (as long as it's not superwash). You just stick it in the washing machine on a hot water cycle. The pattern recommended putting it in a pillow case (which I did) with jeans or towels to help with agitation (which I didn't—I wasn't sure if the yarn was color safe)(it was). I also used soap, since that helps along the process. Once the machine started its spin cycle, I grabbed the bowl out of the wash.
I wanted to make sure it dried in the right shape, so I used another bowl to block it. I weighted down the bottom (with a bottle of mints) to help create a flat bottom.
Helping it to dry in shape:
And the finished product:
Although I really want to keep this, it can be yours! All you have to do is enter:
- One entry for becoming a follower of our blog, and commenting on this blog post to tell me about it.
- One entry for following us on Twitter, and commenting on this blog post to tell me about it.
- One entry for tweeting this post, and commenting on this blog post to tell me about it (with a link directly to your Tweet).
- One entry for Liking us on Facebook, and commenting on this blog post to tell me about it.
- One entry for blogging about our new blog, and commenting on this blog post to tell me about it (with a link to your post!).
- One entry for telling us your thoughts on our new blog, or asking me a question in a comment on this blog post.
The winner will be announced one week from today, and we have more giveaways throughout this week!
What can we say? We're Wayward, and we make bad look good.