This is where she got the original recipe from.
Here is how I changed the recipe for us:
- Pizza crust ( use the Food Nanny recipe which always turns out great!)
- Olive oil
- 2 medium sweet onions
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella (get this and the prosciutto in the specialty section of the grocery store if it is in water make sure you drain any extra water)
- Prosciutto ( I used a whole 3 oz. packet- prosciutto is an Italian cured pork sliced in ultra thin slices)
1. Prepare your pizza dough. While the dough is rising continue with step two.
2. Chop the onions into thin long slices. Cook them in a medium pan with a tablespoon or so of olive oil and the brown sugar. Cook until caramelized stirring frequently. Slice the mozzarella in 1/4 inch slices
3. Roll out the pizza dough. I use my pizza stone and bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
|Ready for the oven!|