Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Leftovers to Lunch! 10 Great Ideas to Take Your Dinner Leftovers to a New Level!
My favorite lunch is leftovers. I just love how easy it is and I'm not wasting a thing! Sometimes leftovers need a little sprucing to make a good lunch. Here are some ideas!
1. Throw it in an omelet. Good for meat and veggies.
2. Eat it on bread! I had some paprika chicken sauce but no cooked noodles. I just ate it on a slice of bread instead for an easy lunch.
3. Burrito time! Wrap up everything in a tortilla and call it good.
4. Soup. Oh how I love soup for lunch! You can use meat, vegetables, beans and pasta in soup and they taste amazing. I love to experiment with soup and throw different vegetables in. I don't recommend eggplant though.
5. Sandwich, the old stand-by. Take it up a notch by turning it into a grilled cheese! Don't forget to add vegetables like asparagus, onions, and peppers you cooked up last night. A lettuce wrap is a way to use your leftovers as a sandwich without eating a ton of carbs.
6. Eat it cold. I'm looking at you, pizza. And I will also eat spaghetti cold too, on occasion.
7. Bake it. Leftover spaghetti? Why not bake it? Recipe here
8. Why not make a pizza? French bread pizza is so fun and easy, lunch comes together in minutes when you have left over meat and vegetables. Or a pizza bagel!
9. Eat it over rice. I ran out of tortillas the last time I made chili verde pork. I couldn't let it go to waste so I ate it over rice. Delish! Or use your leftover to top a baked potato.
10. 4. Toss with lettuce to make a salad. One of my favorites, good for meat, veggies and even rice like I did with my left over fish tacos and rice:
Do you have any ideas on how to liven up your leftovers? Share them!