This post is for Miriam Parker who specially requested I post the mini versionLast year my mom posted this tutorial for an Easter Symbols Basket. As a teenager we made mini-versions of this and I have since also made these with some of the children in our congregation. The symbols are all the same but just much smaller.
These are the scriptures that go along with the symbols:
1. Matthew 26:39 "... O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me..." (Sacrament cup)
2. Matthew 26:14-15 "...And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver." (nickel)
3. Matthew 27:1-2 "And when they bound Him, they led Him away." (piece of rope)
4. Matthew 27:24-26 "...He took water and washed his hands." (soap)
5. Matthew 27:28-30 "...and put on Him a scarlet robe." (red fabric)
6. Matthew 27:31-32 "..Him they compelled to bear His Cross." (cross)
7. Matthew 27:35-36 "And they crucified Him, and parted his garments, casting lots." (dice)
8. Matthew 27:50-51, 54 "and the earth did quake..." (dirt)
9. Matthew 27:59-60 "...he wrapped it in clean, white linen" (white fabric)
10. Matthew 27:60, 65-66 "And he rolled a great stone (stone)
11. Mark 16:1 "Mary Magdalene, and Mary, the mother of James, and Salome, had brought sweet spices." (spices)
12. Matthew 28:6 "He is not here; For He is risen, as He said." (empty box)
|I forgot to add the 12 on the empty box.|
These would be great to make with the kids in Primary or in the YW/YM (youth) programs. I have had mine around 10 years so it is something to keep safe and get out each year as a reminder of the symbols of this Easter season.