By now I hope you all realize that I am a fan of Harry Potter. Remember the totally awesome cauldron cakes? Or the finger puppets? Yeah, well here's a post to add to my love of Harry Potter. In the books the tween and teens frequently get a drink called butterbeer. My mom and I knew we had to make it for our Harry Potter Marathon. We searched the internet for a good recipe and came up with the one listed below. If you like hot white chocolate then I think you might like this drink. It is quite yummy!
1 liter cream soda
2-3 tbsp butter
2-3 tbsp brown sugar
200ml single cream
4 or 5 Werther's Originals
- Put the cream soda in a pan to boil.
- Melt the butter and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the butter and sugar mixture into the pan of boiling cream soda (make sure the soda is boiling, or the butter and sugar will solidify).
- Add the cream.
- Add the Werther's Originals and stir continuously until they melt.
- Serve hot! (we added some food coloring to get a more orange color like in the movies.)