Let's be honest: most of the recipes I pin only get that far. It was time to change that. I turned to my Savory Recipe board . . . which didn't have quite as many recipes as I thought. But I did have a couple collections of recipes pinned, so I managed to find enough to fill up my calendar.
In the last week, we've enjoyed:
Chicken curry (scroll down on the page)
To make this fresh, I added coconut milk and chicken broth to make the sauce (about 10 oz a piece). I omitted the mango because . . . weird, and the mangoes at my grocery store weren't looking so happy, and skipped the zucchini because my husband doesn't like zucchini, and again, weird.
I also adapted this for the pressure cooker using these basic instructions.
It was my first time using my pressure cooker. I don't know why it is that when I try to take a picture of soup, all I can see is steam, but when I try to take a picture of steam, I get nothing. Sigh.
And I froze half of raw the meal to use for a slow cooker meal later.
[Sorry, no picture]Spinach salad with cranberries, candied almonds, red onions and chicken (a leftover from another meal)
Black bean & corn salsa + chicken quesadillas (tortillas, cheese & chopped chicken [again, leftover])
We round out our weeks with homemade pizza on Fridays (crust recipe from Fast Easy Bread), breakfast for dinner on Saturdays and leftovers!
- Martha Stewart's Baked Penne with Chicken & Sundried Tomatoes (recipe makes 2 dinners, so you get a freezer meal, too) via Six Sisters' Stuff
- Goulash (note to sisters: okay, but maybe if I make it, it won't be like hers)
- Baked ziti (Mom's specialty, but you can also find a recipe here)
- Maple apple chicken
- Naan with feta and tomato chicken salad
- Curried cranberry chicken + couscous
Do you make what you pin on Pinterest? Are you ready for a challenge?